Knights of Columbus Annual Scholarships
Mid-Island Council #3842
The Knights of Columbus of Mid-Island Council #3842 are once again offering scholarships to deserving students in Nanaimo. The following are the rules and requirements:
1. Applications must be made to: Financial Secretary, Knights of Columbus, P.O. Box 426, Nanaimo, B.C. V9R 5L3
2. Completed official applications must be in the hands of the Financial Secretary not later than June 30, of the current year.
3. Only students who are continuing studies at a post-secondary institution of learning or training (college, university, vocational school) are eligible. Members of this year's grade 12 graduating class are NOT eligible. These students must apply through their secondary school's awards committee.
4. Application forms must be accompanied by a copy of transcript of your last full post-secondary year's work. This might include first semester marks or last year's transcripts. No application will be considered unless transcripts are provided. If transcripts are not submitted, the committee will NOT consider the application. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
5. Priority will be given first to sons and daughters of members of the KofC councils; secondly, to Catholic students within the Nanaimo area.
6. Priority is given to those students who are working toward their first bachelor's degree or first post-secondary certificate. If applicant has already a degree or is making a career change, a letter must be enclosed indicating why the committee should consider the application.
Application forms are available by clicking on the 'Application' icon below.